Association of Tourist Vacation Villas, Ibiza (AVAT)
The AVAT, founded in 2011,is a non profit association of Holiday Rental Agencies and Property Owners and has been instrumental in the professional development and regulation of our industry. AVAT belongs since its inception to the PIMEEF, the SME business association of Ibiza and Formentera.
Our mission is to ensure greater, sustainable cooperation in addressing our industry challenges and create the AVAT trademark of quality trust and guaranty. We seek to work closely with all stakeholders to ensure a stable, sustainable and supportive regulatory environment and to establish a platform to provide best practices, trust and guarantees for our industry and our customers with the objective to promote Ibiza and the AVAT as a world leader in the provision of short term holiday accommodation.
What do we do?
- Collaborate with the different local, autonomous, state administrations and international organizations towards the overall improvement of the tourism sector in Ibiza.
- Seek recognition by the different official Administrations and have a voice in the creation of regulations that affect our sector and defining our role and contribution to the local economy of the island.
- Engage with national and local government officials to build a supportive business environment for the industry and to tackle policy challenges.
- Protect the interests of our sector, strengthening the role we play in the development and sustainability of quality tourism.
- Establish a healthy self-regulatory environment with an ethical code that offers customer guarantees and a credible brand name that benefits our sector.
- Provide a platform for the industry to address policy and regulatory challenges.
- Develop industry standards and provide a mechanism for the sharing of best practices.
- The legal prosecution of the illicit and unlicensed operators in Ibiza.
- Fully represent its members with the public authorities.
- The provision of technical, legal and information services for the benefit of its members.
- Exchanges with other related associations in Ibiza and abroad.
- Participate in trade fairs and congresses.
- Organize events and conferences of interest to the sector.
- Request subsidies and grants from the corresponding governmental agencies.
- Trade agreements with suppliers and providers to achieve attractive economic conditions for its associates.
- Represent and assist property owners and vacation rental managers to operate their homes and businesses with in a legal, equitable, fair and competitive framework.